Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream- Just 4 Ingredients!
This chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream needs just 4 ingredients to make and NO ice cream maker needed! Sweet, creamy, and better than anything store bought!
As someone who loves cookie dough, chocolate chips, and ice cream, this cookie dough ice cream is a family favorite.
Extra creamy ice cream loaded with chocolate chips and cookie dough chunks, you won’t believe this takes less than two minutes to make.
We love making our own ice cream and this one is the EASIEST! No ice cream maker or blender needed, you whip together the cream and condensed milk together before adding your cookie dough and chocolate!
Made with just 4 ingredients, there are no excuses not to make it!
- Heavy cream. Either standard heavy cream or heavy whipping cream. Ensure your cream is cold/chilled.
- Condensed milk. Sweetened condensed milk.
- Chocolate chip cookies OR edible cookie dough. Use your favorite chocolate chip cookies, broken up into bite-sized chucks. Alternatively, you can use edible cookie dough.
- Chocolate chips. I like dark chocolate chips, but milk work well, too.
- Vanilla extract. Optional, but adds a lovely vanilla flavor.
How to make chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
Making cookie dough ice cream is simple: no ice cream mixer or blender required! Remember to pre-whip the cream before adding the other ingredients. Here’s the basic idea to make cookie ice cream (or see the recipe below for specifics):
- Whip the cream: Beat the cream on low speed until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining ingredients: Add the condensed milk and beat at high speed until thick and creamy. Fold through the cookie dough and chocolate chips.
- Freeze: Transfer the mix into loaf pan and cover. Freeze for at least two hours before scooping and serving.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Use chilled cream and condensed milk. Both ingredients need to be chilled so that the mixture remains scoopable and creamy.
- Add chopped chocolate. For extra thick chunks of chocolate, chop up a chocolate bar.
- Freeze the loaf pan first. Place your loaf pan or ice cream container in the freezer for up to two hours before making the ice cream.
Dietary swaps and substitutions
The ice cream base uses just 2 ingredients that are easy to customize to various diets. Here’s what we have tested:
- Make it keto friendly by swapping out the condensed milk for sugar free condensed milk and using crushed up keto cookies.
- Cut the dairy by using a plant based double cream and vegan chocolate chip cookies.
- Add extra mix-ins like chocolate chunks or other crushed up cookies.
- Use different cookies like snickerdoodles, peanut butter cookies, or Oreos.
- Reduce the fat by using non-fat condensed milk.
Like any good ice cream, this one should always be stored in the freezer, covered completely. It will keep well for up to two months.
Try to enjoy the ice cream within a week, as it risks becoming icy when constantly removed from the freezer.
More ice cream recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, if your raw cookie dough is stable at room temperature (like a healthy cookie dough or keto cookie dough), you can crumble it up and fold it through the ice cream base.
The ice cream base is vanilla flavored, relying on the cookie dough chunks for the cookie flavor.
Place a freezer-friendly container or loaf pan in the freezer.
In a mixing bowl, add the heavy cream. Using a hand-mixer, beat together until soft peaks form.
Add the condensed milk and beat together until thick and fluffy. Fold through the cookie dough and chocolate chips.
Transfer the mixture into the loaf pan, cover, and freeze for an hour.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 79mg | Potassium: 241mg | Vitamin A: 1007IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 0.2mg | NET CARBS: 17g