Cookie season is here and we’re swapping the Dinner Party for the AK COOKIE PARTY! It will still be a fun month-long series where we inspire you to cook a recipe with us, except this week it’s all about one of my favorite cookies. What better way to celebrate the holidays than to do it alongside the AK team and hundreds of other foodies?!
IMPORTANT: please scroll down and read below for all of the deets on this month’s recipe, key dates for the month, how to enter the giveaway, and our charity of the month!
If you haven’t yet, enter your name & email below to get Cookie Party updates throughout the month and to be the first in line to see next month’s recipe.
December’s Cookie Party recipe
We’re SO excited to share the recipe of our AK Cookie Party series: Incredible Gingerbread Oatmeal Cream Pies! It’s the ultimate holiday cookie recipe for parties, cookie swaps, and anytime you want a sweet treat.
We have many different ways that you can customize these gingerbread oatmeal cream pies to truly make them your own. Check them out below and, of course, read through the recipe blog post itself for all of the tips you’ll need.
- Can I make them dairy free? Yes! Simply use vegan butter in the dough and in the cream pie filling.
- Can I make them gluten free? I haven’t tested a gluten free version of these cookies, so I cannot recommend a substitute but a gluten free all purpose flour may work. Let me know if you do in the comments!
- How about vegan? A reader commented that a flax egg worked in the gingerbread oatmeal cookies, so feel free to give that a try! Then be sure to use vegan butter to keep the cookie sandwiches vegan.
Here’s how the Cookie Party works
- The recipe: on the first Wednesday of each month we’ll share a reader favorite Ambitious Kitchen recipe to make that month. You have the entire month to make the recipe!
- The giveaway: When you make the recipe (anytime during the month!) you have two different ways to enter to win a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer. We’ll randomly select a winner at the end of the month. See below for the two ways to share! USA & Canada only.
Two ways to enter the giveaway
When you make the recipe, there are two different ways to share your creation with us in order to enter to win the Kitchenaid Stand Mixer (U.S. & Canada only):
1. On the blog: leave a comment and rate the recipe here with the hashtag #AKCookieParty, plus your name and email (so we know you made it!) Scroll all the way past the recipe itself in the blog to where it says “Leave a comment & a rating.” Boom!
2. On social media: Share a photo of your recipe creation on social via Instagram (stories or in-feed), TikTok, or in our Facebook Group by tagging @ambitiouskitchen and adding the hashtag #AKCookieParty. *Please note for Instagram your profile must be public so that we can see your posts.
- Wednesday, December 7th: December’s recipe is here! On this date, you can start baking & sharing your recipe photos on social and on the blog.
- Sunday, January 1st: the last day to submit your recipe photos on social and on the blog.
- Monday, January 2nd: giveaway winner selected, notified via email, and shared on social.
- Wednesday, January 4th: January’s Dinner Party recipe announced!
Let’s give back
Each month we’ll pick a new organization where we’ll donate funds as a way to spread the love and do some good. This month we’ll be donating to The Love Fridge — a Chicago-based organization that provides 24/7 access to food in neighborhoods facing food insecurity. Neighbors can donate and take what they need, whenever they need it.
If you’d like to join us in supporting The Love Fridge, learn more and donate here!
Join the party
Ready to join the party and get baking? If you haven’t yet, enter your email below and we’ll send you the recipe as soon as it drops at the beginning of each month, reminders about the giveaway, announce the winners, and more. Let’s do this!
Past Dinner Parties
- February: Sweet & Spicy Hot Chili Chicken Noodles, donating to Digs with Dignity.
- March: Sweet & Spicy Sesame Chicken Meatball Bowls, donating to International Rescue Committee.
- April: Vegan Pasta Primavera with Creamy Garlic Cashew Sauce, donating to FoodCorps.
- May: Damn Good Salmon Taco Bowls For Two, donating to National Abortion Federation Hotline Fund
- June: 30 Minute Brown Butter Goat Cheese Grilled Veggie Orzo, donating to the National Parks Foundation
- July: Crazy Good Street Corn Chicken Tacos, donating to the Brave Space
- August: Pesto Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats, donating to the ACLU
- September: One Pan Thai-Inspired Coconut Yellow Curry Chicken & Rice, donating to Adopt a Classroom
- October: Spicy Black Bean Chicken Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sour Cream Sauce, donating to Techos Pa Mi Gente
- November: Dad’s Creamy & Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes, donating to Free Root Operation.