Thai Chicken Curry Recipe – TheFoodXP
Whip up a bowl of Thai chicken curry in no time. It’s filled with creamy, delish, and bursting flavors. On top of that, the veggies added to the curry have more pronounced flavors that will leave you drooling. Let’s make this fantastic Thai chicken curry at home in one pot.
Put together the required pantry items on the table and avoid the fuss. You need chicken, garlic, ginger, onions, Thai red curry paste, red bell peppers, lime juice, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, and some rich spices.
Saute the veggies, add the spices, broil the chicken, and simmer the curry until the chicken is cooked through. Customize this bowl of Thai curry chicken with your tweaks. Share your additions with us in the comment section. Until then, follow the complete recipe.
Let this recipe guide you through the list of equipment, ingredients, calorific value, and instructions to prepare the Thai delicacy of chicken curry. Thai chicken curry is powdered with rich flavors.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Thai Chicken Curry?
- Skillet – Prepare Thai chicken curry in one pot or a skillet.
- Ladle – Ladle will help you stir in all the spices.
- Knife – Chop all the veggies using a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Thai Chicken Curry?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||30 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Thai Chicken Curry?
- Chicken Breast – For making Thai-style curry chicken,
- Garlic – Aromatic and strong blend of flavors will be infused with a teaspoon of garlic.
- Olive Oil – Saute the veggies in olive oil and reveal the flavors of spices.
- Ginger – Enhance the flavors with a piquant blend of minced ginger.
- Onions – We have used onions and red bell peppers to make curry chicken. You can add your choice of veggies.
- Thai Red Curry Paste – Add a teaspoon of Thai red curry paste to intensify the flavors. You can also add yellow curry paste instead of red curry paste.
- Red Bell Peppers – Red bell peppers will add color to the chicken curry and a little sweetness.
- Lime Juice – Relish the fragrant and tangy touch to the chicken curry by adding a teaspoon of lime juice.
- Cilantro – Garnish the Thai curry chicken with fresh cilantro.
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk – Bring out thick consistency to the curry by adding half a cup of coconut milk.
- Kaffir Lime Leaves – For spiced-citrus flavors, add sliced kaffir lime leaves.
- Coriander Powder – Coriander powder has mild aromatic flavors. Blend the curry with the coriander powder.
- Thai Bird Chilies – Garnish the curry with some freshly sliced Thai bird chilies. It will spice up the curry nicely.
- Salt – Put salt as per your taste.
Steps To Make Thai Chicken Curry
Take a pot or large skillet. Saute onions, red bell peppers, ginger, and garlic. Cook until the veggies are translucent. Then, add red curry paste, coriander powder, and salt, and cook for a couple of more minutes.
Moving forward, add coconut milk, chicken breasts, and kaffir lime leaves. Combine well and let it simmer for 25 minutes. Cook the chicken until it is tender and cooked through. If you wish to sear the chicken beforehand, that can work as well. We simply cooked the chicken with curry.
Remove the pan when the curry is thickened and the chicken is cooked. Add a teaspoon of lime juice for a fragrant tang. Garnish the curry with fresh cilantro and Thai bird chilies. Serve the curry warm!
How Will Thai Chicken Curry Look And Taste Like?
Thai chicken curry prepared at home has a sweet and savory blend of flavors. Colorful veggies make the curry look even more appetizing. This chicken curry is packed with nutrition. Moreover, the richness of Thai curry paste pounded well.
Thai Chicken Curry Recipe
Thai chicken curry is an appetizing recipe prepared with Thai delicacy. For incorporating Thai flavors in your kitchen, all you need is onions, red bell peppers, ginger, garlic, kaffir lime leaves, red curry paste, cilantro, lime juice, coconut milk, and some dry spices.
- ½ pound Chicken Breast
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (Minced)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ginger
- 1 cup Onions
- 1 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
- ½ cup Red Bell Peppers
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- ½ cup Cilantro (Chopped)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Kaffir Lime Leaves add sliced kaffir lime leaves.
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Thai Bird Chilies
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Saute the veggies in a skillet using olive oil. Then, add the spices like coriander powder, red curry paste, and salt. Cook the spices in oil for the infusion of amazing flavors.
Further, add coconut milk, chicken breasts, and kaffir lime leaves. Let the chicken broil until it is tender.
Simmer the curry and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the pan when the curry is thickened.
Pour a teaspoon of lime juice and mix it well. Garnish the chicken curry with fresh cilantro and serve warm!
Calories: 336kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 36gFat: 17g
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Thai curry sauce made of?
The Thai curry sauce is prepared with red chilis, garlic, salt, lemongrass, turmeric, and shrimp paste. Sometimes the sauce also has fish oil added to it.
Which Thai curry is most flavorful?
In Thailand green Thai curry is the most flavorful curry. It is filled with rich green veggies and other flavors.
How do you thicken Thai curry?
For making the thick curry, add coconut milk. You can also add cornflour to make the curry even thicker.
What makes a good curry?
Cook the spices in oil to make the curry better. Heating the spices in oil reveals the rich flavors.
Get your hands on this Thai delicacy, Thai chicken curry. Refer to the above article for the details. Don’t forget to share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.