These sweet Lemon Coconut Tassies have a coconut macaroon-design and style crust with a sweet handmade lemon filling. Simple to make, fantastic to freeze, and best for entertaining!
I made this recipe in partnership my Imperial Sugar. Click in this article for the full recipe.
Lemon Coconut Tassies
I completely adore these sweet minor bites! I took the idea of a vintage Pecan Tassie and turned it upside down. If you really do not previously know a Pecan Tassie is a nostalgic cookie that has a shortbread crust with a sweet pecan filling. I see them most typically all over the holiday seasons on cookie platters and for Thanksgivng, but of program they can be enjoyed whenever of the 12 months. Baked in a mini muffin tin Pecan Tassies are like very small bites of pecan pie…so I determined to consider that same strategy and make it a a lot more Spring/Summertime dessert, the Lemon Coconut Tassie!
What To Count on:
- My variation of this Lemon Coconut Tassie is a uncomplicated coconut macaroon-design and style crust with a sweet, citrus filling.
- The beginner-level recipe involves simple elements and no mixer.
- Ideal for building ahead and freezing.
- An uncomplicated recipe to double, triple, or even minimize in 50 percent for a compact batch!
- Adaptable! You can use any citrus in area of the lemon. Lime would be excellent!
Lemon Coconut Tassie Components:
For the Whole component checklist Simply click Listed here.
- sweetened coconut flakes
- granulated sugar
- all intent flour
- vanilla extract
- Eggs, divided
- sweetened condensed milk
- fresh new lemon juice
- Coconut Crust: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a nonstick mini muffin pan with nonstick spray, established aside. *See observe
- In a huge bowl mix collectively the coconut, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg whites until eventually evenly mixed.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the coconut combination into every single liner or cup. Press the coconut combination into the bottom and up the sides to variety a thin crust.
- Bake for 12 – 13 minutes or right until the edges are frivolously browned, watching thoroughly not to burn up. Transfer pan to a wire rack.
- Lemon Filling: Reduce oven temp to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl stir alongside one another the yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice until eventually easy. Spoon the filling into the heat crusts, sufficient to fill the cup, but not overflow. You will have a small leftover filling.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Permit the tassies to interesting in the pan for 10 minutes in advance of transferring to a wire rack to amazing absolutely. If you did not use a liner, run a butter knife all-around the sides to loosen from the pan.
How To Retailer:
This recipe is terrific for producing the similar working day OR in advance! You could possibly need to dust them a agin with powdered sugar if storing, as the sugar will take up into the filling as they sit.
- Retail store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 7 days
- Store airtight in the freezer for up to 30 times
- You can depart the tassies at room temperature for up to a working day.
Find the whole recipe at Imperial Sugar!