Espresso and Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Servings: 24
Creamy, melt in your mouth shortbread with espresso/coffee and chocolate chips!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered/icing/confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch (or more flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Beat the butter and sugar for 5-6 minutes before mixing in the vanilla.
- Gently mix in the mixture of the flour, cornstarch, salt, and espresso, before mixing in the mini chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a log, wrap and chill in the fridge for 2+ hours, before slicing into 1/4 inch slices and placing on a parchment paper (or silicon mat) lined baking sheet!
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the bottom just starts to brown, about 12 minutes, before removing from the oven and letting cool completely on the baking sheet.
Option: Form the dough into any desired cookie shapes and place on a parchment paper (or silicon mat) lined baking sheet!
Option: Replace some or all of the cornstarch with flour.
Tip: Use a sharp knife, use force, and cut quickly to reduce crumbling when you slice the shortbread dough.