Creamy Ham and Pea Pasta
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Full Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
A ham and pea pasta in a light-weight creamy sauce!
- 12 ounces pasta (gluten-absolutely free for gluten-absolutely free)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/3 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 1 cup peas (clean or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to style
- 2 eco-friendly onions, thinly sliced
- Get started cooking the pasta as directed on the deal.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan in excess of medium heat, add the ham and prepare dinner until evenly golden brown on all sides.
- Add the cream and cheese, carry to a simmer and simmer right up until the cheese has melted and the sauce thickens a little bit.
- Drain the cooked pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pastas cooking water, toss the pasta in the ham and product sauce prior to incorporating ample of the reserved pasta h2o to make a nice creamy sauce.
- Insert the peas and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Include the inexperienced onions and love!
Choice: Use mascarpone instead of significant product.
Alternative: Use bitter cream alternatively of major cream.
Selection: Add bacon or pancetta, or exchange some or all of the ham.
Selection: Increase parsley, or basil, or chives, etcetera.