Cooking food left unattended led to Savannah fire, 1 person taken to hospital for burns
Above video: Your morning headlines
Savannah Fire says food cooking on the stove left unattended led to a house fire and sent a person to the hospital with second-degree burns.
According to Savannah Fire, firefighters were dispatched to the 900 block of W. 38th St. at 7:49 p.m. and found an injured person outside the fully engulfed home.
The person reportedly walked away from the kitchen as food was cooking on the stove. They were taken to the hospital for treatment.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, which caused extensive smoke and fire damage to the home. A total of three people were displaced.
READ THE FULL STORY:Officials: Cooking food left unattended led to Savannah fire, 1 person taken to hospital for burns
CHECK OUT WJCL:Get the latest Savannah news. WJCL gives you online, anytime access to the biggest Georgia news and Lowcountry weather of the day.
Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.
Send MSN Feedback
Please give an overall site rating:
Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window