Just for the reason that you might be making an attempt to take in sugar-free of charge, does not necessarily mean you are not able to have dessert. And I am not conversing about fresh fruit or frozen fruit ice product — this is true decadent, moist, and sweet chocolate cake! You will be so amazed with the tender texture of the cake and the certainly sweet, clean, and thick chocolate frosting. This chocolate cake recipe is vegan, gluten-cost-free, oil-free of charge, and sweetened normally with dates, sweet potato, and banana. But I assure it — it preferences like chocolate cake! My husband was shocked that it was free of charge from any included or refined sugar.
What you’ll definitely need to make this cake is a large-speed blender. You are going to use it to make each the cake batter and the frosting, in purchase to puree the dates and the raw cashews. A food items processor will get the job done far too, but the frosting just will not be as easy.
This cake is designed with whole food stuff substances, so when you take in it, you can expect to experience energized and not get that sugar crash later. I really like that it really is healthier, but it isn’t going to taste healthful! I cannot get about how tasty the frosting is, and I choose it so significantly extra than the ones you get in the tubs at the retail store, which can flavor fake and far too sweet, IMO. Just be aware that whilst this cake is produced with balanced and complete substances, it is really not reduced in calories.
This cake recipe is excellent for a birthday, a specific meal or vacation, or for a regular Tuesday night. Store leftovers (if there are any!) in the fridge for up to five times.
- For the cake:
1 3/4 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato (about 1 medium)
1 incredibly ripe banana
1 1/2 cups Medjool dates (about 15 to 18)
4 ounces applesauce (one of those people little cups)
1 cup water
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups rolled oats (floor to make 2 1/4 cups oat flour)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
- For the frosting:
2 cups uncooked cashews (9 ounces)
3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk (or any non-dairy milk)
3/4 cup Medjool dates (9 to 12)
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 levels. Place a parchment paper circle on both bottoms of two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Add mashed sweet potato, banana, dates, applesauce, water, balsamic vinegar, and vanilla to a large pace blender and mix right up until clean, numerous minutes.
- In a big bowl, incorporate the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder, and combine jointly. Insert the wet components to the dry and blend together right up until smooth. The batter will be thick.
- Divide the batter concerning the two geared up cake pans and unfold it out evenly.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Consider the pans out of the oven, and following a several minutes, choose the cakes out of the pans and great absolutely on a rack ahead of frosting.
- To make the frosting, insert all the ingredients to your blender and method till easy. Have persistence with this and use your damper — this can take up to 10 minutes, but it truly is worthy of it. This frosting should really glance like this:
- Location one particular cake on a plate or cake stand. Frost the leading of that layer. Insert the next layer of cake and frost the major and sides. Enhance with contemporary fruit and enjoy!
Her’s the dietary facts for a person slice (can make 10) from verywell.com:
- Desserts, Cake
- 10 slices
- Prep Time
- 30 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time
- 30 minutes
- Complete Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving