This lemony arugula salad with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano pairs effectively with grilled steak or slender crust pizza.
This vintage Italian arugula salad is so easy that it actually necessitates no measurements: a bowl of peppery arugula, a brilliant squeeze of lemon, a several swirls of additional-virgin olive oil, nutty Parmigiano Reggiano shavings, salt, and pepper. I’ve presented loose quantities if you need to have them, but after you make this salad a couple moments, you’ll discover it is straightforward to make it by really feel. Provide the salad as a to start with study course or with grilled steak, grilled hen, or a slender crust pizza.
What You are going to Need To Make Arugula Salad
Also identified as rocket or rucola, arugula is a leafy eco-friendly with a peppery, sharp chunk. It is usually mixed with other greens in spring salad mixes, but it is superb on its have. You can discover the eco-friendly in most supermarkets offered in bunches or in pre-washed, ready-to-take in bags or containers. Most arugula marketed in grocery suppliers is little one arugula, which is much more delicate and moderate than mature arugula. Arugula is typically utilized in salads, but it also would make mouth watering pesto.
For the cheese, be absolutely sure to use imported Parmigiano-Reggiano from Italy. Our domestic Parmesan is an imitation and pales in comparison. You can inform an reliable Parmigiano-Reggiano by looking at the rind – it is embossed with the name around and more than.
In a big salad bowl, mix the lemon juice, added virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Place the arugula in the bowl and toss with the dressing.
Run a vegetable peeler along just one of the flat sides of the Parmigiano Reggiano to generate about 1/2 cup cheese shavings (you can also use the slicing blade of a box grater or a cheese planer).
Toss the cheese shavings with the salad and provide promptly.
You may well also like
Arugula Salad with Shaved Parmesan, Lemon & Olive Oil
This lemony arugula salad with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano pairs nicely with grilled steak or slim crust pizza.
- 5 ounces (or 5 generous handfuls) arugula
- 1 tablespoon contemporary lemon juice, from a person lemon
- 3 tablespoons further virgin olive oil, most effective high quality these kinds of as Lucini
- &frac18 teaspoon salt
- &frac18 teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- Large hunk Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a significant salad bowl, merge the lemon juice, added virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spot the arugula in the bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Operate a vegetable peeler along a single of the flat sides of the Parmigiano Reggiano to produce about ½ cup cheese shavings (you can also use the slicing blade of a box grater or a cheese planer). Toss the cheese shavings with the salad and provide straight away.
Gluten-Absolutely free Adaptable Notice
To the best of my information, all of the components utilized in this recipe are gluten-free or broadly offered in gluten-free of charge variations. There is concealed gluten in lots of foods if you happen to be adhering to a gluten-no cost eating plan or cooking for another person with gluten allergy symptoms, usually read through the labels of your elements to confirm that they are gluten-free of charge.